I would like to introduce you to a new project, I call it the Fling.
During the fulfillment of the Kickstarter we did for Fiber Glider, I was surprised by how many people wanted Carbon Fiber Rubber Band Launchers. I mean the Acrylic ones we gave out stock were cool, but the Carbon Fiber versions came out flawless. So I started thinking of other things I could launch with it. The most obvious was to launch a paper airplane, and the Fling was born.
After an extensive Google search I found that no one had a good simple way to launch a paper airplane with a rubber band. Many of the solutions I found required glue, tape, paper clips and more. That’s fine and all, I mean they work but the internet’s solution seemed over complicated. I wanted to come up with a launch system, that I call the Fling, that meets the following goals:
- Simple to Install. The Fling can be installed in under 60 seconds.
- Re-usability. Lets face it paper airplanes aren’t forever, however the Fling should.
- Kid Friendly. Kids of all ages should be able to install the Fling into their paper airplane and launch them.
- Look Good. Style isn’t dead.
- Be fun for kids. Lets get kids of all ages to go out and play with something real.
I think we are well on our way to meeting, if not exceeding these 6 goals. Here is what we have so far. Let me know in the comment section what you think.